Image of Honeywell 1234yfAs of January 1, 2018, the purchase of all cylinders now require a 608 or 609 proof of certification, unless you are a reseller.

Download our EPA form and email back to us before you purchase.

A 608 or 609 certification is required for R-12, R-134a, R-416A and all R-1234YF cylinder purchases. Email:

A 608 certification is required to purchase R-22, R-410a, R-404a, R-422D, and MO99.

For most do-it-yourself consumers, these changes will have little effect. Two-pound cans of R-134a can still be purchased without certification.

Technicians do have several programs available to them through which they can be certified, if they have not yet been so. MACS, Robinair, and ASE all offer certification programs for a small fee, and several automotive employers also provide the necessary resources to certify their own people. Certification is a requirement of the United States Clean Air Act of 1990. Visit the U.S. EPA website for a  brief overview of requirements regarding Section 609 certification.