Over that past several year, people ask me what are the differences between Puron and R-22. I’ve put together a list of simple and straight forward facts about Puron and R-22.
1. The Montreal Protocol was signed in 1987 and it set deadlines for R-22 production.
2. In most cases, a complete conversion is needed to convert from R-22 to Puron. It is always best to consult with a certified A/C Tech.
3. R-22 will not be manufactured at January 1, 2020. As of January 1, 2010, A/C units will not be manufactured with R-22.
4. Puron and R-410 do not deplete the Ozone Layer.
5. Puron acheives higher SEER ratings than most other refrigerants, it is not uncommon to achieve 18.0 SEER.
About Automart Wholesale
Automart Wholesale offers automotive chemicals and automotive, residential and commercial refrigerants.
Automart Wholesale was created in 1995 by Eric Sugarman who saw a need to provide refrigerant and chemical supplies at competitive prices and while offering great service.
Automart Wholesale serves residential and commercial air conditioning customers in the Southeast United States. The company only handles quality products. All of our refrigerants are produced in the United States by major manufacturers. The company has a strong customer service focus that is not often found within the Automotive or HVAC industries. Eric Sugarman operates this business with a focus on providing the best overall satisfaction for his customers. Every customer is valued and treated with importance no matter the size of the customer.